Coconut Lovers, here's a way to add a tropical flavor you love to your morning routine.
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup strong coffee (chilled). We recommend our French Roast.
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup whipped cream, canned
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread shredded coconut on a baking sheet and toast coconut in the oven. Stir the coconut around every 10 minutes or so for even browning. After 15 to 20 minutes the shredded coconut should be light brown. Cool it off.
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffee maker. That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee. Chill before using.
- To make the drinks, combine cold coffee, milk, 1/3 cup of the toasted coconut, 1/3 cup chocolate syrup, and sugar in a blender. Blend for 15 to 20 seconds to dissolve sugar. Add ice and blend until ice is crushed and the drink is smooth. Pour drinks into two 16-ounce glasses.
- Garnish each drink with whipped cream, a drizzle of chocolate, and a pinch of some of the remaining toasted coconut. Enjoy!